Thursday, December 31, 2009

ShadowCast Flash Episode #4 The Double Issue (Happy New Year)

Through Walls
by R.J. Astruc
read by Amy Tapia
Download with ITunes
Play in this window

For three days the implants burn inside my head like coals, but on the fourth day the burning goes away and I can feel my new eyes sort of settling inside my skull, as if they’ve finally accepted their home. When I tell my Sanako this he holds my hands very tight and kisses the bandages around my head and says, “I can’t wait until you can see me, Lei-Lei.”

His voice is thick with emotion and I know he’s crying, even before I feel the tears on my palms. It’s funny, I’ve never been able to see, but every time I touch my Sanako’s face I imagine I’m seeing it, the fur of his chin and the dimple in his left cheek and the wrinkles in his forehead. More...

The Nature of Evil
by John Rosenman
read by Jason Warden
Download with ITunes
Play in this window
“I recognized you, you know.”
Olson looked up from his newspaper and saw a man about his age sitting across from him at the table. “Excuse me?”
The man gave him a knowing smile. “I said, 'I recognize you.'”
Olson set down the paper. The holiday season had been busy, and he had worked late at the accountants' office before stopping for a hamburger on the way home. The last thing he needed was some stranger who claimed to know him.
“I'm sorry,” he said. “But I don't know you.”
A shrug. “I don't know you either.” More...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

ShadowCast